welcome...

This site is designed to give you insight on the nature of my very own being, it has been constructed to allow the expression of all who are in search of something greater than what is simply apparently in front of them... I would like all to be able to express freely their opinions, their feelings, their thoughts and their understandings of this theatre we call life and inturn I would hope to learn much from others as hopefully some may learn something from me. I will document my thoughts and experiences for all to view, in essence I anticipate this to spark up discussion to why life is what it is, and what is it that exactly is...

I do not believe one can reach enlightenment through philosophical discussion, but I do believe, that thought like anything else when exercised grows and flourishes, and thought is an integral part of existance and growth as is spirit...

I wish all that visit this web site inner tranquility, inner freedom and clarity amongst life and living...

ABOUT ME...

My birth name is Stefanos, it is the name given to me by my parents. My culture is a mixture of Greek & Italian & that of a multicultrul Australia. I wont go to deeply in to my past, because I have 26 years of it & it could get lengthy, rather I would like to focus on where I am now, in this moment, in retrospect to that I am well aware that our past affects, shapes & somewhat creates who we are, what we are, how we feel and think, our characters, our personalities, & what action we take today, knowing this, I do not reject my past, it is me, I embrace it, So I continue...

Am in intrigued by life, I am curious by all that is. I love new experiences, I love and feel deeply connected to the mountains, to the ocean, & to nature, I feel a connectedness that at times superseeds any human relationship, this may be difficult to comprehend, but is an extrordinarily beautiful feeling. I am currently heavily involved in physical training, and I take it very seriously, I enjoy all training, and am currently martial arts fight training, in the form of boxing and jujitsu, along this I exert myself physically with cycling, hiking (when I can, as I love altitude), running, and all cross training. i train intensly because it takes me to a place within myself, that is deep and that is singular, it is connected to something higher. Along the benefits of performance on a physical level, this intense and focused training does something else for me, it assists me to find me, who I really am, what i am of, and how I am connected to what surrounds me... Although all that is here is finite, I will embrace this journey i am on for as long as I am meant to, all that I do, and all who cross my path, and bless my being I will acknowledge as a true gift, that is here to enhance my being, for me to learn, and perhaps for me to pass on something from my own being. This is part of the journey I am on, a journey through the maze and labrynth of life...


Namaste for now...

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A new Era has dawned ...

As we dawn upon a new era of equity, of the true ideology of equality I wonder deeply will change now make a difference? As the first Black President of the United States of America holds his head up high to be voted in will it serve purpose to our slowly deteriorating globe. My personal opinions of Obama's win is one of immense joy, tears of joy swell in my eyes, are we as a people finally acknowledging notions of Equity, are we finally seeing beyong race, ethnicity, skin colour, beyond the parameters and limitations of physical features and doing what is intrinsically right for our survival, our being? I think so, to an extent, people are shifting their mindsets, we are changing, we are acknowledging truth beyond physical limitations such as race, ethnicity, gender, etc. We are on the path to understanding that discrimination is not the path to reconciliation, it is not the path to true justice, it is not the path to love, to acceptance and to progress on any level. Unfortunately in our world today Black people are considered a minority Ethnic group, this is supported by general attitudes, scholars and society in general, regardless of what scholars or people in power think or hold belief to, it is the false ideologies of White man that misplaces us within society. This is evident in our cultural practices, our legislations, our political actions, our laws and our attitudes in genral that are maintained towards minority groups of any sort. This is wrong, demeaning and devolutionary to our progress as a people. As Obama enters the centre stage, on this arena, he appears graceful, eliquant, humble, brilliantly minded, sharp, hopefull, enthusiastic, real, truthful and quite different from other leaders up to now.

I only hope all this is true and that as an individual his truths are followed by many to make the difference we require as a people, as a global society. although I am in Australia, and this president is in America, what happens anywhere, even in the remotest parts of the world, will somehow affect us, the world is small, we are all united and I strongly hope that Obama continues to unite peoples from all diverse cultures, I only hope this era provides us with inner and outer progress.

The journey will be long, arduous, entriguing, difficult, painfull and above all we will be faced with truths that we do not want to know, such as our racist, discriminative pasts and present. We must ace theses fears, these aspects of our being, we must acknowledge our racist personalities and understand that only through acknowledgment and the will to change will change on a global level actually occur. I hope many realize the beauty of what has happend, the fact that the 44th American president is a Black man is of the upmost beauty, it indicates taht many of us are ready for change, for acknowledgment, but we do have many a path to tread before we reach any form of equilibrium. My responsibility at this stage is to acknowledge and recognize the person I am and make the appropriate changes, I will do my best, we are relational beings therefore rely on eachother for guidence, I will extend my hand to those who need it and hope that hands will be extended back to me when I need it, positive progress can only be made via means of collective involvement...

Namaste

SS

No comments: