welcome...

This site is designed to give you insight on the nature of my very own being, it has been constructed to allow the expression of all who are in search of something greater than what is simply apparently in front of them... I would like all to be able to express freely their opinions, their feelings, their thoughts and their understandings of this theatre we call life and inturn I would hope to learn much from others as hopefully some may learn something from me. I will document my thoughts and experiences for all to view, in essence I anticipate this to spark up discussion to why life is what it is, and what is it that exactly is...

I do not believe one can reach enlightenment through philosophical discussion, but I do believe, that thought like anything else when exercised grows and flourishes, and thought is an integral part of existance and growth as is spirit...

I wish all that visit this web site inner tranquility, inner freedom and clarity amongst life and living...

ABOUT ME...

My birth name is Stefanos, it is the name given to me by my parents. My culture is a mixture of Greek & Italian & that of a multicultrul Australia. I wont go to deeply in to my past, because I have 26 years of it & it could get lengthy, rather I would like to focus on where I am now, in this moment, in retrospect to that I am well aware that our past affects, shapes & somewhat creates who we are, what we are, how we feel and think, our characters, our personalities, & what action we take today, knowing this, I do not reject my past, it is me, I embrace it, So I continue...

Am in intrigued by life, I am curious by all that is. I love new experiences, I love and feel deeply connected to the mountains, to the ocean, & to nature, I feel a connectedness that at times superseeds any human relationship, this may be difficult to comprehend, but is an extrordinarily beautiful feeling. I am currently heavily involved in physical training, and I take it very seriously, I enjoy all training, and am currently martial arts fight training, in the form of boxing and jujitsu, along this I exert myself physically with cycling, hiking (when I can, as I love altitude), running, and all cross training. i train intensly because it takes me to a place within myself, that is deep and that is singular, it is connected to something higher. Along the benefits of performance on a physical level, this intense and focused training does something else for me, it assists me to find me, who I really am, what i am of, and how I am connected to what surrounds me... Although all that is here is finite, I will embrace this journey i am on for as long as I am meant to, all that I do, and all who cross my path, and bless my being I will acknowledge as a true gift, that is here to enhance my being, for me to learn, and perhaps for me to pass on something from my own being. This is part of the journey I am on, a journey through the maze and labrynth of life...


Namaste for now...

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

29.10.08 - Thought of the Day...

How does one psychologically and emotionally disasociate themselves from love, from friendship, from knowing something all of their lives, from understanding and being surrounded by that energy for the most part of their lives, then in one instance in time that energy at a certain level ceases to exist, it simply disapears... Death, how does the human person understand death? How does the human person prepare for death? To prepare for something efficiently, adequately and with inner content and satisfaction we must know in full or at the very least as close to possible what we are pareparing for? how do we prepare for death, our own, another's, how? Death is something that belongs in it's own category, in it's own space, is death something that can be prepared for? can we conditionion ourselves sincerely to death, or is it something that appears to be conditioned for but in reality is a process that is simply surpressed.

The pain at so many levels that accompany death is immense, intense and at the least confusing. Does one understand death via pathways of acceptance? Do we simply accept death as part of life (which it obviously is) a stage of life which is necessary for all, physically but also for our psychological growth, when truly a loved one physically dies we are forced to deal with inner conflict, grief, sadness, anger, an array of intense usually negative emotions that can define either negatively or positively the human person, this is growth, if we as individuals allow growth to take place through critical self reflection, deeper states of consciousness and an attempt to know oneself at a very different level.

What is death though, what significance does it hold with societies? As a method of dealing with death has the human person constructed a mythical or spiritual place where we all go, another destination, a new life begins, one road ends, another starts. Is this all created to simply satisfy the not knowing in all of us? Is death the cause of spirituality, that of abstract thoughts, the divine and more, or is death simply a process, which enables us to know all these truths which exist beyond our primary physical senses?

I leave on that note, I leave by stating that many answers and truths lay in the concept of death and its pyschological and physical act...

namaste...

SS

No comments: