welcome...

This site is designed to give you insight on the nature of my very own being, it has been constructed to allow the expression of all who are in search of something greater than what is simply apparently in front of them... I would like all to be able to express freely their opinions, their feelings, their thoughts and their understandings of this theatre we call life and inturn I would hope to learn much from others as hopefully some may learn something from me. I will document my thoughts and experiences for all to view, in essence I anticipate this to spark up discussion to why life is what it is, and what is it that exactly is...

I do not believe one can reach enlightenment through philosophical discussion, but I do believe, that thought like anything else when exercised grows and flourishes, and thought is an integral part of existance and growth as is spirit...

I wish all that visit this web site inner tranquility, inner freedom and clarity amongst life and living...

ABOUT ME...

My birth name is Stefanos, it is the name given to me by my parents. My culture is a mixture of Greek & Italian & that of a multicultrul Australia. I wont go to deeply in to my past, because I have 26 years of it & it could get lengthy, rather I would like to focus on where I am now, in this moment, in retrospect to that I am well aware that our past affects, shapes & somewhat creates who we are, what we are, how we feel and think, our characters, our personalities, & what action we take today, knowing this, I do not reject my past, it is me, I embrace it, So I continue...

Am in intrigued by life, I am curious by all that is. I love new experiences, I love and feel deeply connected to the mountains, to the ocean, & to nature, I feel a connectedness that at times superseeds any human relationship, this may be difficult to comprehend, but is an extrordinarily beautiful feeling. I am currently heavily involved in physical training, and I take it very seriously, I enjoy all training, and am currently martial arts fight training, in the form of boxing and jujitsu, along this I exert myself physically with cycling, hiking (when I can, as I love altitude), running, and all cross training. i train intensly because it takes me to a place within myself, that is deep and that is singular, it is connected to something higher. Along the benefits of performance on a physical level, this intense and focused training does something else for me, it assists me to find me, who I really am, what i am of, and how I am connected to what surrounds me... Although all that is here is finite, I will embrace this journey i am on for as long as I am meant to, all that I do, and all who cross my path, and bless my being I will acknowledge as a true gift, that is here to enhance my being, for me to learn, and perhaps for me to pass on something from my own being. This is part of the journey I am on, a journey through the maze and labrynth of life...


Namaste for now...

Sunday, September 14, 2008

15.09.08 - On Pain...

What is pain? And how important is it?

Pain is an avenue to knowing yourself, your body, mind, spirit. It is a means to understand oneself in fullness and beyond any slight knowing of self we think we have. Pain is an access to another part of our being, our existence and a through knowing of our own selves. Pain is good, it is not bad, although at the time physical, emotional or even psychological pain may be so intense, so hurtful that we can not see past this anguish, we cannot possibly understand how this pain can do us any good... The key here isn't even the pain itself, in that moment, that is only part of it. The key to connecting it all together; the apparent useless pain, the anguish, and all negativity attached to it, is post reflection. This post reflection is crucial, vital to understanding why we have experienced what we have and why we have chosen the path of pain. The post reflection allows the individual to believe and to understand why one has past through particular experiences. Post reflection allows us to ask questions; these questions are crucial to growth and self development of the individual, hence various forms of pain promote self growth, awareness, wisdom and intelligence. But alone pain itself cannot accommodate this freedom, post reflection, critical thought and immense immersing in to ones own feelings is what will allow the pain to be understood and the individual to flourish... Performance of any form will increase and results will be prominent.

One must contemplate questions such as; who are the persons involved and why? Why have I experienced this? What choices did I actively make? Why now? The timing of this is very important also. What is the type of pain, length, intensity, and why have I sought this pain in my life at this time? Because we all choose what is in our lives, and because it is a necessity.

Let us finish with an example of athleticism; an athlete chooses to partake in physical pain every time they decide to train, exercise and achieve whatever their goal may be. they actively make these choices. For what reasons? Sometimes it's just for the pain itself, sometimes other reasons, what ever they are, the only way to find out is to ask yourself the questions, before, whilst and post these painful experiences. The pain, if understood in its fullness and fought through and embraced will assist the athlete to grow, in regards to performance and also mental strength and endurance... In turn strengthening the character of the individual and promoting wisdom. Because when one ventures in to the uncomfortable willingly, and they persevere through intensely, they will come out the other end an enhanced person, but remember this process is never ending, on going and necessary, as we change, the world around us changes, in turn we change again to adapt to our new surroundings. This adaptive phase is what is known as positive change and growth, this adaptive phase is known as survival...

SS

No comments: